Aloha!! I am super excited for another round of For The Love Of Homemade Kits!! It has been so much fun using up some of my stash and creating a kit from the fun and cool scrappy things I have collected.
For this series we start each round with an inspiration piece of pattern paper. This piece helps give us an idea of how to pick other pieces and patterns to form a kit. Because we each are using our own stash, each kit is different, but similar. (By we, I mean Crafty Meggy, Felicia Young and Khristina Sorge are working together to use our own kits this month.) We then use a recipe to help pick out papers and embellishments.
Let’s get right into the Recipe we are using this round. It’s a little different from the last one. (We felt it would be good to twist it a little.)
Inspiration Paper: Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Lucy
- Bold Pattern Paper
- Texture Pattern Paper (watercolor, woodgrain, fabric, etc)
- Dot/Circle Pattern Paper
- Freebie Pattern Paper
- 2 Scraps or 6×6 Papers
- Cut File
- 2 Alpha’s
- Sticker Sheet
- layered embellishments
- embellishment pack
- washi tape
- free embellishment
This round I really did try to be a little more conservative with my embellishments, especially last round I had plenty of embellishments over. I still wanted variety too, so I won’t be tempted to add to my kits.
Here is what I choose for my papers
- Inspiration Paper: Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Lucy (I have about a half of a sheet, I am just going to make that work.
- Bold Pattern: Dear Lizzy Documentary Love This ( I love this black, white and gray look. I think it will look good with all the color in my kit too)
- Texture Pattern: Simple Stories Sn@p! Basics Aspen Wood/White Notebook (Not a full sheet)
- Dot Circle: Hip Kit Club Exclusive Paper Just Dream (by Kim Watson) Explore
- 6×6 Papers/ Scraps: Pink Paislee Fancy Free by Paige Evans (6X6 Paper) and green Scraps (I am not sure what it’s from, I think it was in an old Scraptastic Kit in the Fall a while back) and a branding strip from We R Memory Keepers Love Notes XOXO
- Freebie Papers: Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Mia (not a full sheet), Dear Lizzy Documentary Fresh Start, and Dear Lizzy Happy Place B-a-n-a-n-a-s
- Basic Grey Mint Julip Alpha Sheet (this sheet actually has three smaller alpha’s on it)
- Chickaniddy Crafts Alpha (black and white stripe)
- PinkFresh Studio Cooper Script ABC
Sticker Sheet: Maggie Holmes Shine Sticker Sheet
- Pink Paislee Fancy Free Layered Stickers
- Heidi Swapp Layered Bows
- Bella Blvd Felt Bows (Hot pink, green, white)
- Simple Stories Live In Color Frames
- PinkFresh Studio Epoxy Frames
- Amy Tan Better Together Frames
- Pebbles Frames
- Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Chipboard Frames
- Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Epoxy Stickers
- Pink Paislee C’est La Vie Puffy Stickers
- Pink Paislee C’est La Vie Phrase Stickers
- Pink Paislee C’est La Vie Washi Stickers (This goes in the Washi group too
- Crate Paper Poolside Button and layered embellishments
- Shimelle True Stories Wood Buttons
- Pink Paislee Fancy Free Buttons
- Amy Tangerine Better Together Die Cuts
- from my stash when I first started scrapping so I don’t know who made it
- PinkFresh Studio Washi from their embellishment kit (there are two)
- Amy Tangerine Better Together thin glitter washi
- Shimelle Starshine Washi
Thread: White, mint green and pale yellow (it isn’t in the photo)
Stencils: Amy Tangerine 3×4 stencils and Studio Calico silk screens
Here is a look at the whole kit together.
I am super excited to jump in and use this kit. Don’t forget that I will be making four layouts with this kit (or more if I can) and sharing them in the next four weeks. Also check out the other ladies Kit Shares as well, they will be sharing them on their Youtube Channels.(I link have a link for them at the end of this post)
I also wanted to give a heads up that I am completely in the misted of a move. my stuff is getting packed and then I will be out of my house this week and next. I am hoping that all my layouts will be ready for Youtube by the time I leave, but they may not. So I will keep everyone updated on my new Facebook Page (which is like a blog on Facebook) what layouts will be in video forma and what will just have a blog. I am hoping to also in my moving process to be doing some Vlogs and fun stuff on my Channel. I hope you stay tuned for that, and lets hope that I have enough access to internet to upload my stuff to Youtube!!
Have a great and inspired week my scrappy Friends!!
To check out the other ladies Kit Share videos click on their names.